Gotrade is a trading name of TR8 Securities Inc., which is licensed to carry on business as a Labuan Securities Licensee under the Labuan Financial Services and Securities Act 2010 (License No. SL/20/0014).
Features of Gotrade Trading app
Super Easy to use
- Your you can trade in under 10 minutes
- Just Register, make a deposit and start trading – all from the palm of your hand. No papers. No waiting for 2 weeks.
- Radically simple investing built for everyone, no matter if you are Beginner or Professional in trading and Investing this app is for you!
0% Commission Stock Trading
- Invest in stocks commission free and maximise your returns.
- No admin fees, custody fees, inactivity fees or dividend fees
- They support local deposit methods in over 70 countries with lower currency conversion rates
Trade for as low as 1 USD
- You can deposit for as low as $1
- You can also buy as little as 0.00001 shares with a minimum of $1.
Save to Invest
- Investing is one of the best ways to grow your savings over the long term – invest in the world’s leading brands.
- Every Gotrade account is protected by the SIPC for up to USD 500,000
- Gotrade (TR8 Securities Inc) is licensed to carry on business as a Labuan Securities Licensee under the Labuan Financial Services and Securities Act 2010.
How to start in Gotrade?
It’s simple! All you need is to Download the app, Sign up and Get Verified using any Government issued Valid ID.
How do I add a bank account and make a withdrawal on Gotrade?
You can add bank account(s) for withdrawal as well as submit withdrawal request(s) directly from Gotrade app.
Here’s Quick step by step guide:
- Go to the funds ($) section on the app
- Select “Withdraw from Gotrade”
- Select ‘Add new account’ and you can enter your bank details here.
- After you have added a bank account, tap on the bank account you just added and select ‘Send to this account’, you will then be asked to enter the amount of withdrawal. On that same page, there is a pill containing details of your withdrawable cash too.
That’s it! For subsequent you can immediately start from step 4 which is selecting your bank account and enter the withdrawal amount.
When can I buy or sell a stock?
You can enter orders to buy or sell a stock anytime, day or night, however, your orders will only be subject to execution when the stock market is open. That means your order will be a pending order until the markets open, or, in the case of Limit Orders, when the market reaches your Limit price.
How do I know if the market is open?
The market is generally open Monday to Friday from 930AM to 4PM New York time except for public holidays. You can easily see if the market is open on your Gotrade home screen – this will indicted as the US Markets flashing “Live” (instead of “Last close” for when the market is not open).
Where can I see the stocks I own?
You can see the stocks you own in both the home screen and the portfolio screen. However, you can only see your positions in the portfolio screen. The home screen shows you the live or last close performance of the stock itself.
What is a stock?
Stocks are pieces of ownership of a company. Imagine a company is a large pizza that you can cut into 100 small pieces. Each piece represents 1% of the company that anyone can buy. If you buy 10 pieces of that pizza, you own 10% of that company.
What is an ETF?
Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) are an easy way to invest in a pool of different companies all at once. When investing in an ETF, the value of your investment will depend on how the group of companies is doing. A popular example is SPY, which tracks the US S&P 500. It allows you to invest in the entire US stock market, from just $1 with a single click and pay a single commission.
What is Market Cap?
Market cap (or capitalization) is the total dollar market value of a company’s outstanding shares of stock. Basically, how much the total company is worth i.e. the total valuation of the company. Gotrade shows this information on the app stock screen and is calculated by multiplying the total number of the company’s outstanding shares by the previous day close price.
What is Dividends?
A dividend is where a company decides to distribute some of their profits to shareholders. It is a way for the company to reward their shareholders for investing in the company. Dividends can be either regular (usually declared and paid quarterly), or special (where companies want to pay extra rewards to their shareholders and are usually one-off in nature). A dividend is a zero-sum-game, as it does not affect the overal benefit you get from owning the company. If a dividend of $0.10 is declared, generally the share price will decline by $0.10.
Gotrade shows this information on stock screen as dividend yield; which shows how much a company pays out in dividends each year relative to its stock price. For example, for a stock with a 2% dividend yield, you get $0.02 in dividends every year for every $1 you invest. The dividend yield is based on the total dividends paid by the company in the last 12 months divided by the last close price.
All investments involve risk, including the possible loss of capital. You may not get back what you have originally invested. The material provided herein is general in nature and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. This is not an offer, solicitation of an offer, or advice to buy or sell securities, or open a brokerage account in any jurisdiction where TR8 Securities Inc. is not registered.