The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) is the executive department of the Philippine government responsible for the planning, development and promotion of the country’s information and communications technology (ICT) agenda in support of national development.
- Chief Administrative Officer (Budget Officer V) (SG24) Php 88,410.00
- Attorney III (SG21/Php 62,449.00)
- Engineer III (SG19/Php 49,835.00)
- Engineer II (SG16/Php 38,150.00)
- Engineer I (SG12/Php 27,608.00
- Information Systems Analyst I (SG12/Php 27,608.00)
- Computer Programmer I (SG11/Php 25,439.00)
The Department of Information and Communications Technology first began as the Commission on Information and Communications Technology (CICT), a preceding agency created on January 12, 2004 as a transitory measure in the creation of a department specifically focused on the development of ICT in the country.
The CICT was composed of agencies within the government that were tasked with handling computer technology as well as those whose main function has to deal with communication matters, namely the National Computer Center (NCC), the Telecommunications Office (TELOF), and the communications branch of the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC). Click here to read full
Source: Philippine Go