The Bureau of Internal Revenue (Filipino: Kawanihan ng Rentas Internas, or BIR) is an agency of Department of Finance. BIR collects more than half of the total revenues of the government. Caesar Dulay is the current Commissioner of BIR.
The Bureau of Internal Revenue is mandated by law to assess and collect all national internal revenue taxes, fees and charges, and to enforce all forfeitures, penalties and fines connected therewith, including the execution of judgements in all cases decided in its favor by the Court of Tax Appeals and the ordinary courts (Sec. 2 of the National Internal Revenue Code of 1997).
Interestingly, BIR in Region V has 87 vacancies available until June 15, 2022.
- Administrative Assistant II (Data Controller II) (SG8/Php 18,998)
- (5) Administrative Assistant III (Computer Operator II) (SG9/Php 20,402)
- (2) Revenue Officer I (Document Processing) (SG11/Php 25,439)
- (2) Revenue Officer I (Compliance) (SG11/Php 25,439)
- (36) Revenue Officer I (Collection) (SG11/Php 25,439)
- (34) Revenue Officer I (Assessment) (SG11/Php 25,439)
- (5) Revenue Officer I (Taxpayers Assistance) (SG11/Php 25,439)
- Attorney II (SG18/Php 45,203)
- Administrative Officer I (Records Officer I) (SG10/Php 22,190)
Source: Philippine Go