The Bureau of Soils and Water Management (BSWM) is the sole national soil resource agency in the Philippines. It is under the Department of Agriculture. Initially established on June 5, 1951 as the Bureau of Soil Conservation, the Bureau through the decades has expanded its range of services besides the soil conservation and sustainable agricultural land management advocacy to include soil resources assessment and mapping, agricultural water resources management, analytical services, and soil and water resources research and development.
BSWM has a proud history of providing technical assistance to Filipino farmers through appropriate soil resources management to maintain soil productivity and farm profitability and consequently boost the rural economy, enhance global competitiveness of local produce, and improve the quality of our soil and water.
Interestingly, BSWM has vacancies available until July 12, 2022.
- Two (2) Supervising Agriculturist (SG22/Php 69,963)
- Engineer III (SG19/Php 49,835)
- Science Research Specialist II (SG16/Php 38,150)
- Engineer II (SG16/Php 38,150)
- Two (2) Agriculturist II (SG15/Php 35,097)
- Administrative Officer II (Budget Officer I) (SG11/Php 25,439)
Source: Philippine Go