Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea invites gifted and skilled understudies, scientists, and specialized people to seek after their MS, PhD, and MS prompting PhD under the GIST Scholarship 2022.
The GIST Scholarship for global understudies furnishes them with a splendid opportunity to make a solid exploration base for additional improvement of science and innovation. Additionally, the best grant in South Korea’s top college gives freedoms to the understudies to work and advance community oriented unfamiliar and homegrown examination programs in the mechanical area just as in scholarly world.
Benefits of the GIST Scholarship in South Korea
- All international students will be getting 100% support in the tuition fee i.e. the tuition fee will be waived off.
- MS students will be given a monthly stipend of 140,000 Won (around PHP6,166)
- PhD students will be given a monthly stipend of 295,000 Won (around PHP12,993)
- Both MS and PhD students will be given a meal allowance of 100,000 Won (around PHP4,404) (Note: Students have to complete at least 9 credits in the previous semester in order to get student and meal allowance).
- International student allowance of 120,000 Won (around PHP5,285) will be given to both MS and PhD students, however, the student has to maintain a 3 or higher GPA out of 4.5 in the previous semester.
- All MS students participating in research projects will get a research assistantship of 4,785,384 Won ( around PHP210,769) per year while PhD students participating in research projects will get a research assistantship of 12,263,262 won ( around PHP540,128) per year.
- A one-way flight to Korea will be reimbursed.
- 80% of national health insurance will be covered. Health insurance also includes annual medical checkups.
What are the Documentary Requirements Needed?
Eligibility Criteria of the GIST Scholarship 2022 in South Korea
- The applicant must or expect to hold a final degree before enrollment at GIST.
- The applicant’s bachelor’s degree must be equivalent to a Korean bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant must be an international student.
- The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
How to apply?
Source: Philippine Go