The National Meat Inspection Service is a government regulatory agency created by law to implement policies, programs, guidelines, rules and regulations pertaining to meat inspection and meat hygiene in order to ensure safe meat from farm to table.
The National Meat Inspection Service is a specialized regulatory agency in the Department of Agriculture that is the country’s sole national controlling and competent authority on all matters pertaining to meat inspection and hygiene both for locally produced and imported meat. It was created under Presidential Decree No. 7 as National Meat Inspection Commission and renamed as National Meat Inspection Service under R.A. 9296, otherwise known as “The Meat Inspection Code of the Philippines, “As amended by R.A. 10536. NMIS is tasked to formulate, promulgate and implement laws, policies, programs and projects governing the post- harvest flow of meat in order to protect the interest and welfare of consumers and promote the development of the livestock and meat industry.
Interestingly, National Meat Inspection Service has 32 vacancies available for Meat Inspector Position.
Interested and qualified applicants should signify their interest in writing. Attach the following documents to the application letter and send to the address below not later than September 4, 2022.
- Letter of Intent indicating the position applying for;
- Fully accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with recent passport-sized picture (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017) which can be downloaded HERE;
- Work Experience Sheet (attachment CS Form No. 212) which can be downloaded HERE;
- Performance rating in the last rating period (if applicable);
- Authenticated copy of certificate of eligibility/rating/license; and
- Authenticated copy Transcript of Records and Diploma.
- Certificate of Seminars/Trainings Attended.
Source: Philippine Go