The PMMA opens its online applications for those interested to apply for the entrance exam for AY 2020-2023 (CLASS 2006). Due to the threat of Covid-19, they won’t be accepting mailed or walk-in applications. They are also prohibiting applicants to submit multiple applications.
The Philippine Merchant Marine Academy (PMMA) is the only premier state maritime institution in the Philippines. It is a state-sponsored maritime school in which it is supported by government funds with the help of several companies from the shipping industry.
PMMA offers merchant marine related degree courses namely: (1) Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation (BSMT), and (2) Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering (BSMarE). They are also offering short term training and re-training of marine officers and ratings seamen. PMMA will indeed give you a quality of education and boundless opportunities!
Benefits and Privileges
- A government scholarship;
- Experience a semi-military lifestyle of leadership environment;
- Rewarding leadership and training experiences;
- Travel the world for free while still a cadet;
- An assured shipboard training onboard international ocean-going vessels;
- Automatic commissionship in the Philippine Navy and Philippine Coast Guard as Ensign (2Lt);
- Earn a Bachelor’s Degree;
- 100% employability, immediate hiring by more than thirty (30) partner international and manning companies; and
- Promising careers in the seafaring industry as master mariners; chief engineers; shipping executives, naval or coast guard officers, educators, trainers in maritime-related industries/institutions.
Source: Philippine Go