The Philippine Statistics Authority (Filipino: Pangasiwaan ng Estadistika ng Pilipinas), abbreviated as PSA, is the central statistical authority of the Philippine government that collects, compiles, analyzes and publishes statistical information on economic, social, demographic, political affairs and general affairs of the people of the Philippines and enforces the civil registration functions in the country. It is an attached agency of the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) for purposes of policy coordination. The PSA comprises the PSA Board and offices on sectoral statistics, censuses and technical coordination, civil registration, Philippine registry office, central support and field statistical services.
The National Statistician, who is appointed by the President of the Philippines from a list of nominees submitted by a Special Committee and endorsed by the PSA Board Chairperson, is the head of the PSA and has a rank equivalent to an Undersecretary. Aside from directing and supervising the general administration of the PSA, the National Statistician provides overall direction in the implementation of the Civil Registry Law and related issuances and exercises technical supervision over the civil registrars as Civil Registrar General.
Interestingly, PSA calls for applicants for Vacant Positions at the Field Office (First and Second Level Positions) until August 31, 2022.
- Three (3) Chief Administrative Officer (SG 24)
- Six (6) Chief Statistical Specialist (SG 24)
- Two (2) Registration Officer IV (SG 22)
- Three (3) Supervising Statistical Specialist (SG 22)
- Ten (10) Statistical Specialist II (SG 16)
- One (1) Administrative Officer IV (SG 15)
- One (1) Administrative Officer III (SG 14)
- Three (3) Registration Officer II (SG 14)
- Fourteen (14) Accountant I (SG 12)
- One (1) Information System Analyst (SG 12)
- One (1) Information Officer I (SG 11)
- Eight (8) Statistical Analyst (SG 11)
- Four (4) Administrative Officer I (SG 10)
- Three (3) Registration Officer I (SG 10)
- Four (4) Administrative Assistant III (SG 9)
- Three (3) Assistant Statistician (SG 9)
- Three (3) Administrative Assistant II (SG 8)
- Three (3) Administrative Aide VI – Clerk III (SG 6)
Source: Philippine Go