The Embassy of the United States of America to the Philippines is the diplomatic mission of the United States in the Philippines. It is situated in the Chancery Building of the Manila American Embassy along Roxas Boulevard (formerly Dewey Boulevard) in Ermita, Manila. The Embassy has been representing the United States Government since the Philippines was granted independence on July 4, 1946.
The Manila mission is one of the US Department of State’s largest posts, employing close to 300 Americans and 1,000 Foreign Service national employees. The mission also hosts the only foreign office of the Department of Veterans Affairs, which caters to some 18,000 American and Filipino veterans and their widows in the Philippines.
Manila’s Regional Printing Center provides printing and distribution services for overseas and domestic publications. Smaller branches exist in Vienna, Austria and Washington, D.C. but Manila is the flagship facility.
The mission of the U.S. Embassy is to advance the interests of the United States and to serve and protect U.S. citizens in the Philippines.
Interestingly, the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines is looking for applicants for the following vacancies:
- Job Vacancies until September 1, 2022
- Consular Assistant (General) (Communications Assistant) (Php 516,365 per year)
- Housing Clerk (Housing Inspector) (Php 418,232 per year)
- Job Vacancies until September 9, 2022
- Administrative Assistant (Php 638,092 Per Year)
- Public Health Specialist (Laboratory Advisor) (Php 1,547,209 Per Year)
- Public Health Specialist (Strategic Info/Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor) (Php 1,547,209 Per Year)
- Supervisory Voucher Examiner (Php 833,292 Per Year)
- Warehouse Worker (Truck Driver) (Php 306,053 Per Year)
Source: Philippine Go